The independent website Power2010 has published 5 truths about a hung Parliament.
"Politicians are talking about the dangers of a hung Parliament - we thought you should know the truth.
Five facts about hung Parliaments:
1. Parliaments in which no single party has a majority (a 'hung' Parliament) are the norm throughout Western Europe.
2. Despite claims by some politicians that coalition governments are not the "British way", they were common in Britain before 1945 and served the country well under Churchill during the Second World War.
3. Economic performance in other European countries which typically have minority or coalition governments has generally been better than in the UK. According to the credit rating agency Moody's a hung parliament may help the UK's efforts to reduce its deficit.
4. A hung parliament is seen by many as the best hope for cleaning up politics, reforming our democracy and protecting civil liberties.
5. There is no more "bargaining" or "horse-trading" between politicians in hung parliaments than is otherwise the case - it just takes place more openly and between parties rather than just within them."